The Squadron was formed on 31 July 1943, at Old Sarum, the commanding officer being Major F.N.Lane. It moved to Andover on 21st September and with effect from 1 November was placed in No.83 Group RAF and moved to Hammerwood House. In February 1944 the Auster IIIs were replaced by Mark IVs.
The Squadron went to Normandy landing on Juno Beach 9th July 1944. The 1st October saw the suadron at Gent, operating in the Leopold Canal area. At the end of the month they a played a part in the assualt on Walcheren and the freeing of the Port of Antwerp. In December 1944 the Squadron moved on to Nijmegen area.
Allied Artillery Units in the Netherlands 1944-1945