661 Air Observation Post Squadron

 

Unit No.1166

 

The Squadron was formed at Old Sarum on 31 August 1943. the Commanding officer being M ajor P.H.Dowse, it later moved to Andover, thence to near Biggin Hill and susequently to Penshurst.

C Flight left for Normandy on 21st july 1944, being shortly joined by the remainder of the squadron. The squadron was involved in the Battle for Calais and after that was in action in Belgium and Holland. It was disbanded in October 1945.